The free multiplatform digital audio workstation, Audacity, has been updated to version 2.0.
Here’s what’s new in Audacity 2.0:
- Many effects significantly improved, especially Equalization, Noise Removal and Normalize.
- Vocal Remover now included plus GVerb on Windows and Mac.
- VAMP analysis plug-ins now supported.
- Improved label tracks with Sync-Lock Tracks feature in the Tracks Menu. Multiple clips per track.
- Tracks and selections can be fully manipulated using the keyboard. Many more keyboard shortcuts.
- New Device Toolbar to manage inputs and outputs.
- Timer Record feature.
- New Mixer Board view with per-track VU meters.
- Automatic Crash Recovery in the event of abnormal program termination.
- Fast “On-Demand” import of WAV/AIFF files if read directly from source.
- FLAC now fully supported.
- Added support for optional FFmpeg library for import/export of AC3/M4A/WMA and import of audio from video files.
Audacity 2.0 is free and open source. It’s available now for Linux, Mac & Windows.
via Podcasting News