Native Instruments has announced Traktor 2.5, the latest version of their popular DJ software.
Version 2.5 introduces Remix Decks, a feature that seems to have taken a little inspiration from the Session View of Ableton Live. Remix Decks give you 64 slots, each able to hold loops, samples or entire tracks.
Here’s what’s new in Traktor 2.5:
- Remix Decks let you select from up to 64 loops and one-shot samples per deck. Any of the four decks in TRAKTOR PRO 2.5 can be switched to be a Remix Deck
- Each Remix Deck offers four different Slots (columns), ideal for arranging sounds and loops by instrument groups e.g. different drum, bass, percussion loops. Play one sound per column – a total of four samples at any one time.
- Use loops from the included sound content or import any loops and sounds of your own
- Develop your own unique trademark sound and build a personal arsenal of sounds by live-capturing your favorite loops while DJing
New Performance Options:
- The stylish multi-color pads and ergonomic faders make TRAKTOR KONTROL F1 the ultimate controller for a Remix Deck. Any sound or loop can be assigned a specific RGB color, either in the software or via the controller
- A Remix Set™ is the combination of 64 loops and one-shot samples and their respective beat grids and BPMs – stored and loaded just like a regular track in the browser
- Control the entire Remix Deck via Native Scratch timecode control with vinyl or CDs – or scratch using the TRAKTOR KONTROL S4/S2 jog wheels. Each Remix Deck has its own transport, sync, and tempo master controls
- To add more flavor you can choose which slots are fed through TRAKTOR’s FX units, or even play samples in reverse
- The Punch mode allows for instant switching between different loops in one instrument group, in perfect phase – switch from one drum loop to the next exactly on the 2 and 4 snares
- Additionally, the Remix Deck quantize can be set to different values for full control of the musical phrasing
Improved BPM Detection
- Rewritten tempo detection for improved accuracy, developed from analysing thousands of tracks from various genres
- New “downbeat” auto-detection improves auto-beat-gridding and phase recognition
- Convenient analysis options when importing files to your collection – set the tempo range by BPM
- Much improved BPM detection on tracks with variable tempo, (such as “live” drummer genres) – now detects average BPM
- Rewritten Tempo-Tap – instant and simple realignment anytime your tracks drifts away from the grid over time
- Manually adjusted grids, (and all BPM-locked tracks) keep their position and tempo from previous versions
Traktor 2.5 is expected to be available May 30th.