Musikmesse 2012: Vestax will introduced a new MIDI interface for iOS devices at this year’s Musikmesse music show.
The Vestax V-MIDI is a compact Core MIDI interface that enables connection between USB MIDI hardware and apps for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
To use, connect your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch and your iOS device will automatically identify V-MIDI. Next connect any USB MIDI device to V-MIDI. plug in the power and run your CoreMIDI compatible app.
V-MIDI powers your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch and will also power a range of USB MIDI devices which require external power. V-MIDI also amplifies the audio from your iOS device and provides a knob for volume control.
Here are a few scenarios for using the Vestax V-MIDI:
- Core MIDI in/out interface
- Connects to any USB MIDI device to control more than 100 CoreMIDI compatible apps available from the App store
- The only CoreMIDI interface compatible with iPhone®, iPad® and iPod touch®
- Charges iOS devices and USB MIDI devices at the same time
- USB host IC connector for MIDI USB devices
- Stereo headphone output
- Headphone amplification & volume control
- MIDI send (iOS / Hardware) LED indicators
- Mini DIN(6pin) to USB convert cable included
The Vestax V-MIDI is expected to be available by June 2012 for 169 Euro.