At Musikmesse 2012, Steinberg today announced Nuendo Live, a dedicated live recording software solution based on the Nuendo audio workstation.
Nuendo Live’s sole purpose is live multitrack recording. It features a single-window user interface, without unnecessary options.
Dedicated live tools include a record panel displaying all the essential recording information, such as timecode, recording length and remaining disk space, a 60-second pre-record buffer and auto-save. Tracks are created on startup and armed simultaneously while easy marker track management helps to create markers on the fly.
- Dedicated live recording software featuring a straightforward single-window operation, a live record panel, pre-record buffer and more
- High-quality recordings through Steinberg’s award-winning audio engine with up to 192 kHz lets your production stand apart from the competition
- Nuendo Live Record Panel shows all essential session information at once — creating confidence in demanding live situations
- Advanced Session Management with auto-naming of recorded files, multiple folder creation, easy-to-use marker track, auto-save and notepad
- Zero setup time thanks to automatic track creation functions that make Nuendo Live record-ready in less than a minute
- 24+ hours recording time ready thanks to EBU-compliant RIFF 64 broadcast wave format in standard recording mode
- Virtual Sound Check allows for easy use of previous recordings for soundcheck, including marker recall and 1:1 output
- Deliver with confidence through standardized rendering formats and compatibility with Nuendo for post-production
- Nuendo Live includes essential editing functions, making it possible to create a rough edit of the recordings after the show
- Seamless integration with Yamaha CL consoles for controlling essential Nuendo Live functions from the live console
Nuendo Live will be available through Steinberg and Yamaha resellers in the second quarter of this year. Pricing is TBA.