Boulanger Labs has announced that they are bringing Csound – an open-source programming language designed for sound design, music synthesis, and signal processing – to the iPad.
Csound Touch is a new app that lets you to render, process, compose, and perform with the Csound language. To accommodate various experience levels, Csound Touch comes with a large collection of synthesis, signal processing, and MIDI instruments waiting to be played and customized. Tutorials, manuals, and examples are also provided to help new users learn Csound.
- Built upon and synchronized with the latest version of Csound5
- Real-time rendering of virtually any .csd file
- MIDI control of virtually any Csound-based MIDI instrument
- GUI control of instruments with sliders, knobs, xy controls and a keyboard
- Selections from Dr. Boulanger’s Csound Instrument Catalog
- Documentation to further your Csound knowledge, including:
- Chapter 1 of The Csound Book, Csound Manual, FLOSS Manual, and more
- Import/export audio via Dropbox, AudioCopy, or Email
Pricing and availability for Csound Touch are to be announced.