Developer Bastus Trump has updated Orphion, a unique software instrument and MIDI controller.
Here’s what’s new in Orphion for iPad 1.1:
- MIDI support
- 3 new pad layouts (harmonic minor, chromatic columns, lydian mood)
- High resolution graphics for the new iPad
- Different articulations from soft to plucked to hardly slapped
- Natural interaction
- Extend your ways of expression as a percussionist, guitarist, pianist or other musician
- 12 transposable pad layouts with different tonalities from easy to complex (Five, Bluesscale, Pentawheel, Piano, Guitar Strings, 5ths circle, 3rd Matrix, Bassdrums, Waterdrops, lydian mood, harmonic minor, chromatic columns)
- 8 individual voices for 8 fingers (4 on iPad 1)
- MIDI support: Play your favorite synth with the revolutionary Orphion interface
Here’s a video that demonstrates the new version of Orphion, including using it as a MIDI controller:
Orphion is $4.99 in the App Store.
If you’ve tried the MIDI features of Orphion, leave a comment and let us know how it works for you!