Sound Magic has introduced Neo Loudness – a comprehensive tool designed to control loudness. Neo Loudness not only includes traditional compressors and limiters, but it also features a new type of Maximizer.
The Sound Magic Neo Loudness algorithm is based on psychological acoustics, the science that shows how human ears are less sensitive to loudness when it reaches certain ranges. Neo Loudness uses this area to compress the audio signal. When using traditional limiters – and under heavy limiting – music can sound very tight and breathless. The main instruments will sound like they are being pushed way forward. With Neo Loudness, the overall result is a more natural sound while the imaging of the instruments is hardly changed.
With heavy limiting and clipping, a traditional limiter can also generate more odd harmonic distortion than even harmonic distortion. Overall, Neo Loudness tends to generate less harmonic distortion altogether and the harmonics that are generated tend to be the even ones, giving a warmer and more natural sound.
- Internal 64-bit floating point precision
- Comprehensive Loudness/Dynamic Processer features Compressors, Limiters and 2 innovative Maximizers.
- Included 3 compressors and 2 limiters
- Meticulous envelope controls on 4 parameters (compared with others with only 2 or 3 controls) including Attack, Hold, Release and RMS length, give users the maximum control of the final sound.
- Innovative Neo Loudness technology results in a more natural and high quality sound during loudness processing.
- Powerful Add-on system makes it easier to add new compressors/limiters (Famous Maker) sounds in the future.
- Accurate Modeling by Sound Magic Award Winning Modeling Technology.
- Meticulous Metering system gives the users “the next step” in accurate monitoring.
- Different plug-in version to fit for usage on M/S, Sidechain, Mono and Surround
- Up to 32Bit/384KHz resolution
Neo Loudness is provided as a Windows VST or Add-on for Supreme Piano 2. For more information or a demo, see the Sound Magic site.