MusicDevelopments has announced that RapidComposer – a parametric phrase-based music composition application – is now available for Mac OS X:
RapidComposer is available for Mac OS X. A lot of people demanded an OS X version, and while porting took longer than expected, we deliver it today. Technically speaking the source code is the same for the Windows and Mac OS X version, so any new feature implemented will automatically go into both versions in the future. We would like to keep the version numbers the same for Windows and OS X as much as possible. For Mac OS X a standalone version is available at the moment.
- Advanced tools for phrase editing, phrase generation, phrase morphing, phrase grouping, motif development, chord progression editing,
- Timeline with chords which all phrases automatically conform to
- Piano roll with scale notes, visually editable chord notes, and smart arranging of overlapped notes in two styles.
- In-place non-destructive phrase-level and note-level editing
- 2D view of the composition with structure editor as opposed to 1D view of DAW applications
- Sophisticated MIDI CC editing and recording
- Articulations can be assigned to phrases or even individual notes
- Extensive scale, chord, guitar chord, chord progression databases,
- Taggable instrument database of all MIDI, VSTi and SF2 presets in one place
- IdeaTool that can generate a multitrack composition based on the provided parameters and rules
- Unlimited undo and the ability to make several versions of the same composition
- Fully customizable user interface with preset themes
- Virtual instruments (VSTi v2.4 plugins) support
- SoundFont (.SF2) support
- Standalone and VST version with 128-channel MIDI output
See the MusicDevelopments site for details and demos.