Automat is a free software synth for Mac OS X that versiontracker.com describes as “one of the deepest, intelligently architected and inspiring free plug-in synths to be developed in a long while. If you have a penchant for deep architecture, options, crazy modulation routings and loop-able envelopes – then look no further.”
- subtractive synthesis
- antialiased oscillators with hard-sync
- filters and amplifier with ADSR
- modulators with tempo sync
- waveshaper / eq
- stereo-delay with filter and tempo sync
- modulated spatial effect
- poly-, unisono and legato-mode
- random preset generation
- midi learn
Here’s a demo video, via¬†tehn, that shows Automat being controlled via a monome.
You can download Automat at the Alphakanal site.