Homegrown Sounds has released Vortex -a VSTi Multitimbral Sequencer for Windows, with an emphasis on quick and easy music creation.
- 2 Step Sequencers triggered by midi Notes with a huge range of options.
- Two assignable CC Sequencers per Sequencer which can be used in various modes including Step and Envelope modes.
- Can be used with external midi or the internal sound engine, or a mix of the two.
- 12 real time performance triggers including stutter, programmable stutter, Retrigger, half tempo, Double Step, Tie all Notes.
- Each sequence can be set to respond to any combination of triggers.
- Squash to Scale for each sequencer, allowing notes to be squashed into a desired chord/scale.
- Internal Sound Engine based on 12 adapted Ammonites. Capable of synth sounds as well as over 1200 drum kits.
- TerraNova FX Engine which includes SoundScaper, Delay and three Modulators (capable of modulation effects such as flangers, phasers, filters and pitch shifters).
- A series of performance -+ knobs for the internal synth designed for assigning to knobs on your controller so that the overall Cutoff, Resonance, Release, Filter Release can be altered in real-time.
- Multi-Sequencer which can group combinations of the sequences to a single key which can also be transposed.
- 16 Channel Midi Mixer, each strip controls Volume, Pan, 2 assignable CCs, and Program Change Information.
- CC Mixer which allows selecting up to 8 CC numbers to knobs for real-time manipulation.
- Internal WAV Recorder for recording directly to WAV file straight from the plugin.
Here’s a preview of Vortex VSTi in action:
Vortex is available now for $120, with a normal price of $140.
If you’ve used Vortex, leave a comment with your thoughts on it!