Algoriddim today introduced vjay, a video remixing app for the iPad:
vjay transforms your iPad into a cutting-edge mashup machine, directly integrated with the media libraries on your iPad. Mix and scratch your favorite music videos from iTunes or combine songs from your music library with personal video footage into an interactive audio visual experience. You can even use your iPad’s built-in camera to add your very own clips to the mix.
- Media Access – Create mashups using all your media on your iPad, including videos, music, and footage from camera roll. vjay also comes with a free bundle of pre-loaded music video and high-quality footage.
- Real-time video transitions, audio visuals effects – vjay comes with audio & video effects, looping tools, visual transitions, and real-time VideoScratch.
- Live movie recording and sharing – With a touch of a button, easily save your mashups to the iPad in real-time and share with friends.
- Support for external displays – plug into a TV and stream videos wirelessly to Apple TV.
- Built-in camera integration – record your own video clips using the built-in iPad camera and add them to your mixes on the fly
- Integration with iTunes Store – browse, search, preview and purchase music videos on iTunes from within the app.
Here’s a video introduction to vjay:
- Enhanced for the new iPad. Requires iPad 2 or later running iOS 5 or higher.
- Direct access to user’s media on the device (music videos, movies, camera roll footage, music)
- iTunes Store integration (search, browse, preview and purchase artist music videos)
- Built-in camera integration
- Video Transitions
- Audio Visual Effects
- Live recording with direct export of movie files to the iPad’s media library
- Fullscreen mode
- Support for external displays through Digital AV Adapter (HDMI) and AirPlay for streaming video and audio
- Audio Visual 2D FX Pad
- Colorized EQ
- Slow-motion (time stretching)
- Split A/V crossfade mode (crossfade video independently from audio, and vice versa)
- Advanced Audio Tools: Waveforms, Auto-Gain, Automatic Beat and Tempo Detection, Beat-matching, Slicing, Auto-Sync, Pitch-bending, Cue Point, Looping, Speed Change, Reverse Playback
Supported external hardware (optional):
- External displays and TVs through Digital AV Adapter (HDMI)
- Apple TV + AirPlay enabled AV receivers
- Numark iDJ Live controller
- Griffin DJ Cable
vjay is available in the App Store for $9.99 (introductory price).