Developer Stefan Goehler let us know that MidiPads for iPhone is now available.
MidiPads is a configurable drumpad controller that can be used via Network MIDI, virtual MIDI and iPhone connector MIDI interfaces. It was previously available in an iPad-only version.
MidiPads is highly customizable, supports velocity via several options and lets you configure it to use the iPhone’s rotation as an additional controller.
Here are the details:
- Supports Core MIDI interfaces like iRig MIDI and Line 6 MIDI Mobilizer II
- Supports network MIDI over WiFi
- Supports virtual MIDI to trigger other iOS MIDI Apps with virtual MIDI support
- All Midi sources/destinations can be connected individually
- Presets (interchangable with other users, midipads can be started with them from other apps, e.g. Dropbox)
- All elements customizable (color, label, Midi channel, CC/key, range…)
- 64 drum pads, resizable area (4, 9 or 16 pads per page)
- Two fully customizable pages
- Several modes to influence velocity: Finger velocity, Two-finger-tap, vertical pad position, random velocity, and min and max velocity always definable
- Touch pads and faders support snapping, automatic fading and bouncing
- Use drum pads as tap or toggle buttons, either in key or CC mode
- Drum pads can act as X/Y controller and pad at the same time (trigger your effect and change it with just one finger!)
- Faders can act as VU meter and fader at the same time
- Drum pads can show incoming values (e.g. that a sample is on that pad)
- Send pitch bend or modulation over faders, touch pads or drum pads
- Gravity controller (use iPhone’s rotation axis as controller)
- Easy Midi learn for each controller, as a learn CC value is sent on CC selection
- Lock mode locks all elements that would hinder your performance
- Supports all 16 midi channels (for each element and its sender separately!)
- Drum pads can blink on incoming midi sync and hence support you with the beat
- Extensive help covering connection, editing the user interface and troubleshooting
- Multiple senders for each axis and knob
- iPhone 3GS+ with iOS 4.3+ (iPhone 4+ with iOS 5 recommended)
- A Mac or a PC for Network MIDI -or-
- a virtual MIDI capable App you want to control -or-
- Any MIDI device with MIDI in (in case you use an interface)
MidiPads is $3.99 in the App Store.