Red Bull has released a new version of its free DJ app, Red Bull BPM DJ 2.0.
BPM DJ offers the 21st century digital equivalent of a professional DJ setup with 2 decks, 2 effect engines and a mixer. The free app has limited functionality; additional features are enabled via in-app purchases.
Here’s what’s new:
- Key-lock (time-stretching) in the ±16% range. If key-lock is off, pitch bend still has it (in the ±16% range, or turn off in settings).
- Razor sharp user interface on all resolutions, including the new iPad. Small UI modifications everywhere.
- Automatically post the currently played track info and artwork to Twitter.
- Track browser improved with in-place BPM edit and sort by duration.
- If you save a new bpm value, beat-grid is re-calculated.
- Pre-listening is now “balanced” between cue and master. Louder headphone output.
- Even faster track analyzing.
- Thanks to the drastical CPU savings, effects don’t turn off when the app goes background.
- Slip on/off for reverse.
- Sync is more “intelligent” if mis-detected double or half bpms are matched.
- iPad: live camera background, track artworks. Automatically or manually post camera image to Twitter.
- iPhone and iPod touch: easier transport controls on the mixer screen.
- “Always Change Tone With Bend” setting.
Red Bull BPM DJ is a free download in the App Store.