This review, via producertech, takes a look at the Novation Ultranova synthesizer, a ‘Nova’ series analogue-modeling synthesizer with a built-in effects processor.
- Single part with up to 18 voices, 14 filter types, 36 wavetables, 5 effect slots
- Patch Browse enables you to browse 300 sounds by type & genre
- Touch-sense controls enable new sound-shaping & performance:
- Trigger envelopes/LFOs/filters/FX by just touching the encoders
- Large rotary control instantly allows you fine control of any paramete
- 37 full sized keys, a vocoder, and loads of controls:
- Voice optimized 12 band vocoder with gooseneck mic
- High quality key bed with aftertouch for expressive playing styles
- Software plug-in editor and Patch Librarian for full visual editing:
- Plug-in editor allows you to view and edit in with software
- Software Patch Librarian a organise, store and share unlimited patches
- Built-in 2 in 4 out USB audio interface and it can be bus powered:
- UltraNova can be used to stream audio to and from a host computer
- Stereo main (analogue & SPDIF) and aux outputs, and MIDI in/out/thru ports
The Novation Ultranova retails for about US $700.