Steinberg has released Padshop Pro – a granular synthesizer for Windows and Mac.
Padshop Pro is an enhanced version of Steinberg’s VST granular synthesizer and is designed to ‘fit the requirements of professional sound designers and skilled creatives’.
- Advanced granular synthesis engine with 2 independent layers and individual oscillator, edit and FX sections
- Up to 8 grain streams per oscillator for impressively rich and spacious structures
- Intuitive user interface for effective usability and direct accessibility
- More than 400 presets dedicated to atmospheric pads and evolving textures
- SoftGrain Wave ROM with hundreds of sounds for custom presets and individual tweaks
- 10-stage Modulation Matrix with Note Expression support for unlimited flexibility
- 12 different high-quality filter types for each layer
- Step Modulator for rhythmic triggering of oscillators, filters, amp and pan
- 2 LFOs and ADSR for filters and amp envelopes
- Mono and Poly Mode with Legato and Glide
- FX Section with high-class modulation and delay effects
- NEW: VST 3, VST 2 and AU compatible host application support
Features unique to the ‘Pro’ version:
- Sample import via drag-and-drop for advanced sound design projects and custom presets
- 3-band parametric EQ per layer for clarity and smoothness in the mix
- Algorithmic reverb to enrich your sound with fullness and athmosphere
- 50 new presets with athmospheric pads and evolving sounds
Here’s the official intro video for Padshop Pro:
“Padshop Pro excels through its easy and efficient way to control the many parameters involved in granular synthesis,” commented Matthias Quellmann, product marketing manager at Steinberg. “And with the product variety that we have now introduced to Padshop, users are free to choose the degree of complexity that comes with this instrument.”
Steinberg Padshop Pro is available for PC and Mac for US $79.99.