This is a sneak preview of the Mutable Instruments Anushri synthesizer, now under development.
Features not demoed here:
- VCA envelope and envelope modulation of VCO / PWM
- The 8 LFO shapes and LFO > tempo synchronization
Here are the details on the Anushri synthesizer:
- Analog VCO with saw and pulse waveforms, freely mixable.
- Optional automatic VCO calibration in software for those who don?t like messing with trimmers.
- -1 or -2 octaves sub-oscillator.
- Auxiliary square oscillator (DCO) with accurate digital tuning available as an FM modulator or as a sync master for theVCO (yes, it means ?ewwwwwwiowwww? and ?wongwong?).
- 12dB/octave multimode filter, with smooth self-oscillation.
- Post-filter overdrive/fuzz circuit.
- Linear VCA.
- 1 main ADSR envelope routable to pitch, pulse width, cutoff frequency.
- 1 simple 1-parameter envelope (morphing through various stages, including the shape of the main ADSR, and a rigid ?GATE? style envelope) routed to VCA.
- Velocity routed to either cutoff frequency or VCA gain.
- 1 LFO routable to pitch, pulse-width and cutoff frequency ; with 8 waveforms (triangle, square, ascending and descending ramps, S&H, bernouilli process, piecewise linear random process aka ?autodubstep?, noise).
- 1 triangle LFO for vibrato and/or growl.
Arpeggiator and sequencer
- Arpeggiator with 4 modes (up, down, up&down, random) ; 1 to 2 octaves ; 6 patterns.
- SH-101-style note sequencer with step by step recording, up to 128 notes. Easy recording of pauses, ties, and glides.
- Tempo set by internal clock with shuffle, external MIDI clock or external 6/12/24 ppqn trigger.
- Algorithmic drum pattern generator using an innovative ?pattern sculpting? approach ? allowing a large combination of drum patterns to be sculpted from 5 knobs
- Digital sound generation of BD / SD / HH with tone control
- Drum sounds can be freely triggered from an external sequencer using MIDI channel 10
- 9 pots and 4 switches for hands-on access to synthesis parameters.
- 9 ?soft-pots? for editing modulations / arpeggiator / drum machine settings.
- 3 dedicated navigation buttons (?modulations?, ?arpeggiator / keyboard?, ?drum machine?).
- 3 dedicated sequencer buttons (?record?, ?play?, ?hold / rest?).
- VCO CV in/out (Note: manual VCO calibration is required for accurate 1V/Oct I/O).
- VCF CV in/out (Note: manual VCF calibration is required for accurate 1V/Oct I/O).
- Gate signal in/out (5V level for output).
- 24, 12 or 6 ppqn clock signal in/out (5V level for output).
- External Audio in.
- Audio out.
- MIDI in/out (thru + arpeggiator and sequencer notes).
- CC control over modulations and some of the digitally controlled synthesis parameters. Some parameters like filter resonance cannot be CC-controlled.
- Remove main audio in / out and solder corresponding minijacks on PCB
- Remove LT1054 and solder 2×5 power connector
- Route MIDI in/out to front panel (if you want?). And that?s it!
- DIY product (full kit)
- Price < 200? / kit
- Available < October 2012