Yonac Software has released an update to Magellan, its virtual synthesizer for iOS.
Here’s what’s new:
- Integrated MIDI Out with the arps, chordmaker and the sequencer. Can now control other MIDI apps and devices using these Magellan modules.
- WIST Integration: use Magellan in sync with WIST compatible apps on other iOS devices. Operate Magellan as master or slave, and set target or source individually for each arp and the sequencer.
- LFO tempo syncing, with 16 note values to choose from, including dotted and triplet notes
- Added “Fx Source Latch” preference under the “Prefs” panel: allows user to specify FX Source selection behaviour when loading presets or switching the foregrounded synth engine.
- Automatic BPM detection for external clock syncing
- Preset “INIT” feature in the Preset Browser: use INIT to clear synth parameters to start programming a new patch from scratch
- Added “Save Changes” button in the Preset Browsers: use to save changes to current preset without re-entering preset name.
- Sustain pedal support on MIDI CC 64
- Default MIDI CC Map, developed from General MIDI Level 2
- MIDI Learn: MIDI channels were previously displayed as 0-referenced; now they are displayed in the conventional 1-referenced form
- Show target synth ID on each preset display screen
- Fixed issue with metronome when Count-In was selected while metronome was already running
- Fixed issue with Filter Bank settings when a new filter was loaded
- Fixed issue with the arp performance mode when using certain external MIDI controllers that transmit 0-param note off messages
- UI related fix to the sequencer panel
Magellan is $4.99 in the App Store.