The first USB MIDI interface from Apogee, the Quartet features a signature single controller knob, four inputs, eight outputs, MIDI, and top panel display and control.
Quartet connects to any Mac via USB 2.0 high-speed for extremely low-latency and stellar performance. Quartet connects at high-speeds no matter the machine or sample rate; 44.1-192kHz.
Quartet?s four combination inputs offer microphone, instrument and line input with a gain range of up to 75 dB, leaving headroom for microphones and sound sources. For additional channels, Quartet?s eight digital inputs create the option of connecting an external interface, like the Apogee Ensemble.
The Quartet?s six balanced outputs deliver options for the video producer to mix in surround, for the live performer to send multiple mixes to monitors and front-of-house and for the mixer to send a mix to outboard compressors and EQs. Using Apogee?s Maestro software, the outputs will also split into three stereo pairs for connecting three speaker sets for auditioning mixes across various types of studio monitors.
The Quartet’s USB MIDI connection consolidates all gear connections away from the Mac, making Quartet the control center for any studio.
Quartet works with any Core Audio-compatible application including Logic, Pro Tools 9 and 10, Final Cut, and Ableton Live.
Features & Specifications:
- 4 Analog Inputs: Combination line (balanced +20dBu max), Mic/Instrument (+20dBu/+14dBu max)
- 4 Microphone preamps with up to 75dB of gain
- 8 Digital Inputs: ADAT/SMUX Input, 2 Toslink connectors, 44.1kHz to 96kHz
- 8 Analog Outputs: 6 Balanced line outputs, +20 dBu maximum output level, 1 Independent 1/4? stereo headphone output
- MIDI I/O (USB-A type connector)
- Word clock output
- USB 2.0 High-speed Mac audio interface
- A/D and D/A conversion: 24 bit/192kHz
- 2 top panel high resolution OLED displays
- Controller knob
- 6 touchpads for direct selection of inputs and outputs
- 3 assignable touchpads to control:
Sum to Mono
Engage Speaker Set (allows monitoring of up to 3 pairs of speakers)
Availability and pricing: The Apogee Quartet will be available later in September, at the manufacturer’s recommended price of $1,295 US, ?1,295 EUR.