This official Koushion video, via¬†kudzucreative, explores using the iPad step sequencer with a variety of Moog analog synths, the Moog Guitar’s filter and soft synths in Ableton Live.
Koushion connects to your existing MIDI hardware via the iRig MIDI from IK Multimedia or a USB-to-MIDI cable and the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit. It also connects wirelessly to your DAW via a CoreMIDI (for OS X) or rtpMIDI (for Windows).
- 16 steps per scene (up to 128 steps in chain mode)
- 8 scenes with independent midi channel per scene
- 4 playback modes: single, simultaneous, chain, rebound
- Key switching between any major, minor, or pentatonic scale
- Adjustable quantization (1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16 and 1/32)
- Quantized scene switching
- MIDI clock send/receive
- Tap to set tempo (great for syncing with a live band)
- Velocity control
- Monophonic drawing mode (only allows one note per step; great for programming leads)
- Wireless connectivity via CoreMIDI Network Sessions or rtpMIDI
- Automatic integration with other apps via CoreMIDI virtual ports. Open up a synth in the background and Koushion will trigger the notes!
Koushion is available in the App Store for $9.99.