MOTU has released Digital Performer 8 for Mac & Windows, the latest version of its audio + MIDI DAW.
Here’s what’s new in DP8:
- 64-bit support – Digital Performer’s 64-bit support ensures that you can take full advantage of all the memory space in your computer for optimum performance from your MOTU desktop studio.
- Windows 7 support – Version 8 brings Digital Performer’s award-winning design and features to Windows 7 and beyond. Operation is almost identical to the Mac version, making it easy to work on either platform.
- 17 new effects plug-ins – Digital Performer’s 17 new plug-ins add to an array of over 80 included effects. You get everything from modeled analog EQ to realistic convolution reverb.
- 15 new themes – Digital Performer gives you dozens of user interface themes that completely transform the look of the app.
- Punch Guard confidence recording – Digital Performer’s new Punch Guard features always captures extra time before and after punch points, so you can simply uncover any additional material with a simple edge edit.
- 100% Cocoa UI for Mac OS X – Many of the third-party plug-ins you’ll use everyday with Digital Performer are in the process of being converted from Carbon to Mac OS X’s ultra-modern Cocoa UI platform, and Digital Performer is 100% ready to host them. Cocoa is the future, and Digital Performer is there.
- New video playback engine – Enjoy full-screen viewing of 720 or 1080 HD video clips on a primary or secondary computer monitor, or on a conventional HDMI or SDI video monitor connected to a MOTU video interface like the HD Express or HDX-SDI.
- In-line control panel – You can now embed the control panel in the consolidated window to conserve screen space. Customize what appears, including the shortcut buttons and editor tools. Pop it in or out at any time.
- Plug-in management – Version 8’s new plug-in chooser lets you organize and quickly find the effect or preset you are looking for. You can also organize all your plug-ins, factory and third-party alike, just the way you prefer, regardless of format.
- Rewire and VST plug-in support – With support for VST plug-ins and Rewire on both Mac and Windows, you can easily move DP projects from one platform to the other seamlessly, with no additional steps required. Just open the project and go.
DP8 is priced at $495. The DP8 upgrade is $195.00. See the MOTU site for details.
via Jon Stubbs