Wolfgang Palm has released an update to PPG Wavegenerator. Though it’s not a major update, it adds some frequently requested features.
Here’s what’s new in PPG WaveGenerator 1.0.2:
- Virtual MIDI in
- Audio mix/ background mode
- Improvements and bug fixes
PPG WaveGenerator is a software wavetable synthesizer for the iPad.
- Creation of your own waves and wavetables.
- Playful sound creation simply by drawing or picking harmonics
- 3D page, visualization of the wavetables, transformation from photos into wavetables.
- 256 waves assembled within a wave grid
- 3 Audio Oscillators
- 3 Noise generators, for audio and modulations
- Classic 24 dB Lowpass Filter, combined with an overdrive simulation.
- Dual amplifier, for versatile control of 2 audio signals as well as panning.
- 13 Envelopes, for independent control of pitch, waveform, filter and noise gain and panning
- 4 LFOs
- Delay/Reverb effect
- Audio engine with 2 synthesis modes, and variable wave blending quality.
- Directly accessible context help inside the app
- Use a camera, to shoot a picture and then transform it into a sound!
- Build your own keyboard, with the keys you prefer for your music.
- Audio recorder, up to 10 min. at 44.1 stereo
- Audio Copy to the pasteboard
- File Sharing via iTunes
It’s available in the App Store for $19.99.
If you’ve used the new version of WaveGenerator, let us know what you think of it!