Yamaha has officially introduced the MX49 & MX61 synthesizers.
Here’s what Yamaha has to say about the two new synths:
The MX series synthesizers feature carefully selected sounds taken from the Yamaha MOTIF XS. That powerful sonic palette is packed into sleek packages (available in 49- and 61-note versions) that fit today’s on-the-go life style. But the MX Series aren’t just synthesizers; they are designed to bridge the gap between hardware and software. By adding extensive audio and MIDI USB connectivity, advanced DAW and VST controller features and a suite of powerful music production software, the MX integrate hardware reliability with controller flexibility to give you the best of both worlds at a ground breaking level of affordability.
- Over 1000 sounds from the MOTIF series
- Equipped with VCM effects
- Easy Split /Layer Performance Mode for Instant Inspiration
- 16-Part Multi timbral and 128-note polyphony
- Extensive Hands-On controls for VSTs and DAWs
- Bi-directional USB Audio/MID interfacing
- A suite of music production software included
- A lightweight design with a quality Yamaha keyboard
- Complete analog and digital connectivity
Here are the official intro video on the Yamaha MX49 & MX61 synths:
The Yamaha MX49 & MX61 synthesizers are expected to be available in December 2012, priced at £449 & £649.