D16 Group has released LuSH-101, a new software synth for Mac & Windows that’s described as ‘8 synths in 1’.
Here’s what they have to say about LuSH-101:
The multilayer architecture guarantees that both the sound design possibilities and number of unique situations in which LuSH-101 can be used are virtually limitless. Layered sounds can be created simply by assigning the layers to the same MIDI channel; the results can sound as massive as anything imaginable!
Assigning the layers to different keyboard zones allows you to create even the most sophisticated splits. Of course, you can always assign the various layers to different MIDI channels for 8-part multitimbral usage. And, virtually any combination of splits, layers, and multitimbrality is possible with just a single instance of LuSH.
With each layer working as an independent synthesizer with its own polyphony, parameters, enhanced arpeggiator, and a palette of only the finest insert effects, LuSH-101 can push your creativity to unprecedented levels!
Here are some LuSH-101 sound examples:
- Multilayer architecture with 8 independent Layers (per-layer properties)
- Up to 32 voices of polyphony
- MIDI channel
- Keyboard zone
- Audio output
- Oscillators (Saw, PWM, Noise), with Supersaw and HardSync options
- Sub Oscillator (5 waveforms)
- Self-oscillating, high-quality, multimode filter
- Passive high-pass filter
- Up to 8 voice unison with Tune, Cutoff and Panorama spread
- 2 LFOs with optional tempo synchronization and re-triggering modes (Trig, Gate, Arpe, None)
- 2 envelopes with re-triggering modes (Trig, Gate, LFO1, LFO2)
- Insert effect (selectable algorithms):
- String Ensemble
- Vowel filter
- Modulation Matrix (modulation sources):
- Note velocity
- Pitch bend
- Modulation wheel
- Expression pedal
- Sustain pedal
- Keyboard’s aftertouch
- Note pitch
- Arpeggiator’s output
- Step sequencer (Gate and Tie per step)
- 6 Run modes (Up, Down, Up and Down, Down and Up, Random, Manual)
- Chord mode (Gater)
- 3 Hold modes (Normal, Toggle, Trigger)
- Tempo multiplier (Full notes, Dotted notes, Triplets)
- Parametric EQs (1 per channel strip)
- Compressors (1 per channel strip)
- Up to 11 freely-assignable stereo output busses per instance
- Send FX’s (Reverb, Chorus, Delay with tempo sync)
- Over 1700 factory presets
- 5 preset categories (whole synth, single layer, Arpeggiator, Reverb, Delay)
- Advanced, file-based preset browser
- Advanced MIDI learn
- Parameter mapping for VST / AU automation
Here’s a quick intro to LuSH-101:
LuSH-101 is available now for Mac & WIndows for $199 USD/149 EUR/£119 GBP. A demo version is also available.
If you’ve used LuSH-101, let us know what you think of it!