Tone2 has introduced RayBlaster – a new software synth, for Mac & Windows, that uses an unusual approach to synthetic sound generation, Impulse Modeling Synthesis (IMS):
Here’s what they have to say about Impulse Modeling Synthesis:
Conventional synthesizers use a looped waveform as the oscillator source, which is then filtered to create your sound, this is known as substractive synthesis.
RayBlaster employs a completely new approach to sound generation, creating its characterful sound from many short bursts of energy, combined to form a more complex sound.This innovative and unique approach to synthesis is very close to what happens within the human inner ear, sounds more authentic and gives you access to a wide range of sounds.
- ‘Revolutionary’ new synthesis method
- Access completely new sonic territory
- High-end sound quality to let your music stand out from the crowd!
- Create professional sounds filled with character and not possible with other synths
- Professional sound quality; never muddy and ‘cuts through’ to fit well in the mix
- IMS synthesis provides independent control over pitch, timing and timbre
- Filter impulse import: mimic the filters of other synthesizers or create your own experimental / fantasy filters.
- Resynthesis allows for import & manipulation of your own sounds
- Huge sonic range
- Easy to use & fun to play
- 500+ ready-to-use sounds patched by professional designers
- Psychoacoustic processing
- Low CPU
- Fair price
See the Tone2 site for details. Pricing and availability are TBA.