Korg today introduced the iPolysix polyphonic synth studio for the iPad mini & iPad.
The new app features virtual studio that features a Polysix inspired soft synth, step sequencer, drum machine and more.
Here’s a video introduction to the Korg iPolysix:
- Polysix polyphonic synthesizer, replicated on your iPad
- Use the newly developed Polyseq polyphonic step sequencer to control the Polysix
- A music production environment including two Polysix units, a drum machine, and a mixer
- Dual Kaoss Pads with chordal support make it easy for anyone to play analog synth sounds
- Polyshare powered by SoundCloud lets you publish, share, and remix songs with iPolysix users
About Korg iPolysix
- The world-wide best-selling Polysix polyphonic synthesizer - Korg’s Polysix, a six-voice analog polyphonic synthesizer, went on sale in 1981. While a popular synthesizer of that time was able to produce only five notes simultaneously, the Polysix had six-note polyphony, and its name was an expression of its designers’ pride. iPolysix uses Korg’s proprietary “CMT” (Component Modeling Technology) to simulate the actual electronic circuits of the original unit, perfectly reproducing the original Polysix.
- The newly developed Polyseq polyphonic step sequencer - Polyseq is a polyphonic step sequencer that provides up to 64 steps, newly developed in order to take full advantage of the Polysix’s capabilities. Polyseq provides a different operating feel than a conventional piano-roll sequencer or even a step sequencer; it’s a new yet somehow familiar experience, as if you were retracing the evolution of electronic musical instruments.
- A music production environment including two Polysix units, a drum machine, and a mixer - iPolysix has been created as a professional music production tool. In addition to two Polysix units, it provides a six-part drum machine, and an analog mixer that’s reminiscent of the KMX-8 mixer. You’ll have everything you need to produce great sounding music.
- Dual Kaoss Pads with chordal support - The large multi-touch display shows two Kaoss Pads which you can control using both hands to perform music. This enables creative performance even for those who have no musical knowledge. These Kaoss Pads have been customized for iPolysix to allow not only single-note performance, but also chordal playing with just one finger.
- Polyshare powered by SoundCloud lets you publish, share, and remix songs with iPolysix users around the world - Polyshare is a function for iPolysix users to share their songs. It’s based on SoundCloud, the song sharing service favored by music creators. You can make your song available to iPolysix users around the world simply by uploading the song directly from the app. You can download and upload remixable tracks. It’s easy to enjoy remixing and collaboration with users around the world.
- iPad mini or iPad series (iPad 2 or later is recommended)
- iPolysix is a dedicated iPad app.
If you’ve used Korg iPolysix, let us know what you think of it!