Which Apps Should Add AudioBus Support Next?

Yesterday, developers announced the AudioBus release date, Dec 10th, along with a list of  apps that have been updated to be compatible with the audio routing system.

The developers also announced that they are ready to choose the next 25 companies to work with – and the apps that will get AudioBus support:

We’ll be starting a limited second wave of Audiobus apps – limited so we can rapidly respond to any potential remaining issues – by giving another 25 developers access to the SDK. These developers will be selected from the list of developers who have expressed interest in acquiring access to the SDK – currently that’s a list more than 700 entries strong.

What apps do you want to see get AudioBus support?

The first round of compatible apps include:

• Funkbox (input slot)
  • JamUp XT (effects slot)
  • JamUp Pro XT (effects slot)
  • Loopy (input and output slot)
  • Loopy HD (input and output slot)
  • MultiTrack DAW (output slot)
  • NLog MIDI Synth (input, effects and output slot)
  • NLog Synth PRO (input, effects and output slot)
  • Rebirth for iPad (input slot)
  • SoundPrism Pro (input slot)
  • Sunrizer Synth for iPad (input slot)

What would you like to see added to this list? And which apps would you like to use together with AudioBus?

165 thoughts on “Which Apps Should Add AudioBus Support Next?

• Audulus is a disapointment for being ios6 only, and for being an underperformer as a modular system. Rather bring in tweakybeat, thats much more deserving of attention.

1. Audiobus is just gonna keep getting better after release as more apps hop on board.

I would like to see:
    Audulus
    Nanostudio
    BM2
    Magellan
    DM1
    Auria

Good luck and thanks for the hard work Audiobus developers.

2. Glitch breaks, csgrain, filtration, animoog, nanostudio, nanoloop, genome, werkbench, my brain’s run dry…

3. Animoog, Cassini, DXi, Impaktor, all the Korg apps, CSGrain, Borderlands, and most importantly, Filtatron.

4. Animoog
    Addictive Synth
    iElectribe
    iMS-20
    Alchemy
    Magellan
    SynthStation
    PPG WaveGenerator
    Samplr
    Aurora
    iPolysix
    NanoStudio
    Synth & Dr Pad
    SynthTronica

5. Alchemy, Magellan, GrainScience, iDensity, iPulsaret, Animoog, Filtatron, Auria, Meteor, MusicStudio, NanoStudio, Arctic Keys, SampleTank, Audulus, SynthX, TC-11….. It’s too hard to choose, hopefully all apps will include AudioBus eventually ;-)

6. Apps I would like to see support it :
    Animoog
    Bebot (unlikely, but who knows)
    DrumJam
    Figure
    Filtatron
    Garageband (just to record other apps)
    Gestrument
    Impaktor
    Magellan
    NanoStudio
    Polychord
    PPG Wavegenerator
    Samplr
    Sunrizer (ipad and XS)
    SynthX
    ThumbJam
    Werkbench

Thats like 80% of the music apps I own heh, think the rest I just dont use much, or are midi controllers.

• Totally agree about wanting to record into Garageband. Rather than wait, I just bought MultiTrack DAW for $10 based on the Audiobus video.

• I was going to do that, but this month I am down to $2 .86 in my account and $8.10 on iTunes (which will be spend on audiobus) :)

7. Animoog
    Garage Band
    Donut
    Audioprom
    Glitch Machine
    Waveshaper
    Ampkit

8. My favorites have already been listed, but here I’ll give votes for my favorites: Magellan, Cassini, Molten, BM2.

Also love the suggestion of Genome. Yes, it’s a MIDI sequencer, not a audio source or sink, but having the Audiobus controls pop up to start/stop/modify other apps from Genome would be very cool.

Also would like a very simple mixer, which I haven’t seen. I use Amplitube when practicing my bass, and right now if I want to play along with a tune, Amplitube has to import it as a wav and play it, which is ridiculous. I think JamUp Pro is similar. I want to have my bass as a source (30-pin USB or mic/iRig running into Amplitube), iTunes as a second source, and the combination mixed and sent to stereo out.

Also, I use AudioTools, which us a rather expensive frequency analyzer useful for acoustic analysis. Would be cool to plumb synths to it.

9. Audulus because it’s such a simple way to make your own effect patches as well as sounds, so it can be used with Audiobus in both ways.
    Animoog
    TC-11
    Wave generator
    Magellan
    iMS-20
    iPolysix
    Impaktor
    Synthtronica
    Cassini
    For synth sounds, and
    Auria
    Meteor
    Garage band
    For recording

10. Auria, Garage Band, iKaossilator, iMaschine, Alchemy, iMS-20, Mixtikl, Thumbjam, Drumjam,triqtraq, NanoStudio, Figure, WerkBench, Boarderlands, Changeling, Impaktor, Gestrument, Samplr

11. Would be good to see some dedicated vocal and guitar/line in apps to feed into the fx processors already planned, seems to have been forgotten so far…

Apart from that, Alchemy and more DAW’s would be top of my wishlist, but top would be Nanostudio, however i don’t think this would on Blip’s project list.
    I can dream :-)

12. I agree with the vast majority of the commenters about Auria (output), Korg apps (I want to see the iMS-20 patch section available as an effect), SampleTank (input) and pretty much all the usable synths like Animoog, Magellan, Cassini, DXi, Wavegenerator, Alchemy, Addictive, Artic, etc.

But, the ones I really want to push for Audiobus implementation are the voice apps/fx out there, namely improVox, Harmony Voice, csGrain, Filtratron…I’m really interested for those to be included in the next batch.

In the meantime, we’ll just enjoy the possibilities with the first batch.

13. Wow, it has been a long time since I have seen the boards as on fire as this. 93 comments and growing !!! maybe Korg could do to give this a look over before they “re-announce” a microkorg in yet another colour !!

It really IS the best time so far for any IOS nay-sayers to open their minds to the reality thar IOS music making HAS come of age and is were some of the most innovative musical instrument and interface work is being done today.

I really hope the Tasty Pixel team all take a huge amount of pride and encouragement from the response to their product, it really does deserve to fly of the virtual shelves.

14. Yep. ALL of those please… Another vote for the voice apps, Harmony Voice, Improvox, Voice Synth.
    More guitar choice…Amplitube, Ampkit.
    A couple not mentioned yet… Triqtraq, Argon, Morphwiz.

Definitely want to see… ALCHEMY, DM1, IMPAKTOR, GRAIN SCIENCE, ANIMOOG, SAMPLEWIZ, CASSINI.

More than anything, I just want to see it on my device working, people giving Michael and Sebastian, room to breathe even if it has a few teething problems, what they’re bringing to the table is so exciting and they deserve huge credit for keeping us all informed across its development stages.

What Im looking forward to are all those future mornings, getting notifications of Apps released with their Audiobus update…. Those are gonna be some smiley days!

How many user videos will be posted on Nov 10th do you think?

And…who’s gonna be first?

5 days.

Borderlands Granular
    Impaktor
    GarageBand
    Chordion
    Polychord
    DrumJam

PS Loving that this Audiobus list is also pulling double duty of as a compilation of other worthy music apps to check out!

17. Throw in a couple more votes for Impaktor and AmpKit. Audiobus is the tipping point that has convinced me to upgrade my original iPad to a 3.

18. To be honest all my wishes are listed above, what I am excited is that all new developers and old shall look at the popularity and ask for the sdk so implementation will be from the off.
    All I can say is the possibilities are endless and excitement is brimming from me to pay and play and so look forward to the future development even if they take the Moog direction and make the future upgrades IAP’s, Devs need to earn money as well and if it funds future development then why complain.

19. Samplr, Borderlands, Drom AND Audulus because don’t have Audio Copy Paste…
    iPulsaret, iDensity, Maga Curtis, Loop Mash and NodeBeat because I like it…

20. Musix Pro!

Although not out yet, the Pro version should be released in the next weeks. I would love to include AudioBus on launch or shortly there after!