Audiobus – the much-anticipated system for routing audio between iOS applications – is scheduled to be released Monday, December 10th, with support from about a dozen apps. Given the huge number of iOS music apps now available, that means that some of your favorites aren’t on the list of Audiobus-compatible apps.
More apps, though, should be getting Audiobus support soon:
- Developer Taylor Holliday has announced Audiobus support in his mobile modular app, Audulus;
- Wolfgang Palm has teased Audiobus support in PPG Wavegenerator;
- Palm Sounds reports that Glitchbreaks will soon be getting Audiobus support;
- Intua is working on Audiobus support for Beatmaker 2;
- Developer Paul Slocum has released an update to sir Sampleton with Audiobus support;
- Yonac is bringing Audibus to Magellan; and
- One Red Dog has Audiobus support to Arctic Pro.
This is still scratching the surface. When we asked readers what apps should add Audibus next, there were more than a hundred responses. That level of interest, combined with the steady stream of announcements from developers, suggest that there will soon be dozens of compatible apps available.