Sensomusic has announced Usine Hollyhock, a new modular audio environment for Mac & Windows.
Hollyhock is built on the foundation of Sensomusic’s Usine, but it has been totally rewritten, with a new audio engine, new interface, new MIDI management and more. It’s under development and due for release in early 2013.
- New interface
- Rack – audio, MIDI in/out, and data devices (cameras, joysticks, WIIMote) are now panels/objects in Hollyhock
- Drag & drop device routing
- A device is also a patch (use double click), so you can add, for example, a midi chanel filter for a midi input device or a specific effect for an audio output device.
- New record option – Lets you records individually, values, position or movement for all visible design modules. You can quantize this recording.
- New physics engine
- Support for VST & AU plugins
- Video support
- Interface customization
- Module improvements
Here’s a video playlist that highlights the new features:
Public beta versions will be available at the beginning of 2013. See the Sensomusic site for details.