Yonac Software has released Magellan 2 – a major free update that brings many new and upgrade features, including Audiobus support, 32 new presets, new controls and more.
Here are the details.
Features in Magellan 2.0:
- Audiobus integration: use Magellan as an input in Audiobus graphs!
- Free new bank of 32 presets produced by Sunsine Audio!
- Fully compatible with the new Magellan Jr. for iPhone and iPod Touch
- New touch pad control framework with highly improved expression and expanded options:
- Step-to-step glide with adjustable note snapping
- New per-voice vertical controls, including FM parameters and velocity
- Display all occurences of selected notes in octaving mode
- Integrated with keyboard hold
- Edit musical scale
- Improved touch pad navigation, now enabled by simply using the scroll lock button
- New velocity sense feature for the keyboards, using the accelerometer. Touch softly for quieter notes, and tap harder for louder ones.
- Completely updated MIDI Learn / CC Maps feature
- Four new modules you can control with MIDI: Arp 1, Arp 2, FX and Sequencer!
- Over 350 mappable / learnable MIDI destinations
- Knobs, switches, displays and other UI elements are now animated with MIDI input
- Manipulate Arp settings, or program and use the Sequencer — all via MIDI
- MIDI Bank and Program changes
- Enumerated banks/presets tables for easier reference for program changes
- Settable hardware buffer size
- Much wider range of keyboard key sizes
- Updated recording module:
- Fixed-length recording option for creating loops on-the-fly
- Start recording on first touch option
- New, more robust metronome with a wider range of time signatures
- Bugfixes, internal improvements and optimization:
- iOS 6.0 mime type bug that affected bundle sharing via emailIntermittent WIST issue when using sequencer as master
- Many subtle improvements to UI and synth engine
- Other fixes and improvements
- Completely tested and compatible with iOS 6, iPad Mini and iPad 4
Magellan is $9.99 in the App Store.
If you’ve used Magellan 2, let us know what you think of it!