Audio interface manufacturer Focusrite has announced its new Scarlett Studio home studio kit, which includes all the gear required to record musical tracks, including a fully-featured music software suite that works with both the Mac or PC.
- Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface: A two-in, two-out USB 2.0 audio interface that features a pair of Focusrite preamps. Scarlett 2i2 offers 24-bit/96kHz A-D/D-A conversion, plus analogue and digital circuit design from input to output “to ensure pristine audio quality throughout.”
- Scarlett Studio CM25 Microphone: This tailored large-diaphragm electret condenser microphone captures sound from a wide range of sources sources, from vocals to violins to guitar amps, thanks to its cardioid pickup pattern and frequency response of 30Hz to 20kHz. A 3m XLR-XLR microphone cable is also included.
- Scarlett Studio HP60 Headphones: Large drivers and a closed-back design allow you to monitor mixes accurately and overdub vocals and instruments with minimum spill. Frequency response of 10Hz to 30kHz.
- Scarlett Studio Software Suite: Focusrite has teamed up with Steinberg to include Cubase LE 6 music production software. Record up to 16 tracks of audio and 24 tracks of MIDI, and run VST audio instruments and effects, such as the compressor, reverb, gate and EQ processors included in the Focusrite Scarlett plug-in bundle. Novation’s Bass Station soft synth is also included, as well as over 1GB of royalty-free samples from Loopmasters.
- The Scarlett 2i2 audio interface employs two Focusrite award-winning microphone preamps
- Microphone, headphones and cable included: High-quality CM25 condenser microphone and HP60 referencing headphones are included for studio-grade record and playback sound
- Includes Cubase LE 6 for recording and mixing, the Focusrite Scarlett plug-ins to add extra effects and processing, Bass Station soft-synth and Loopmasters sample pack
- Truly portable – no power supply: Laptop users can bring the Scarlett Studio kit along for a “studio in a backpack” with no need for a separate power supply
- Professional audio quality: Scarlett 2i2 offers 24-bit performance at up to 96kHz sampling, with better than 105dB dynamic range on record; better than 102dB on playback.
Scarlett Studio is built around the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 USB 2.0 audio interface, and also includes the studio-grade CM25 large-diaphragm condenser microphone, an XLR cable, and a pair of HP60 monitoring headphones.
The Scarlett Studio CM25 condenser microphone can be used for vocals, while guitars, keyboards or other line-level instruments can be simultaneously recorded with the Focusrite mic preamps. Scarlett 2i2 has TRS monitor outputs and a front-panel headphones outlet, each with dedicated level controls, and zero-latency Direct Monitor mode.
- Focusrite Scarlett Studio will be available worldwide January 2013
- MSRP $299.99 / $249.99 at dealers