Xferrecords has introduced Cthulhu – a chord creator & arpeggiator for OS X & Windows.
Here’s an introduction to Cthulhu from developer Steve Duda:
Cthulhu is two MIDI FX modules, combined into one plug-in:
- Chords Module
- Cthulhu is firstly a chord memorizer and player, allowing you to experiment with creating and reworking chord progressions with single-note presses.
- Included are over 150 factory chord presets allowing for a near-unlimited amount of possible musical-sounding chord progressions.
- Import MIDI or ‘record’ chords straight in, Cthulhu is able to analyze the chords you play and allow for various sorting options (Circle of 5ths, Chromatic, low note, etc) allowing for easy access over your chords.
- Arp Module
- The other half of Cthulhu is a unique pattern-based arpeggiator, allowing incoming notes or chords to be manipulated in various rhythmic ways. The 8 tabs of the stepsequencer allow you to completely reshape the incoming MIDI notes, even a single note fed into the arp can become a unique and rhythmic riff!
- Cthulhu’s arp offers chord-arpeggio mode, ties, duration / velocity sequencing, intelligent transpose, harmony and more.
- Every tab of the sequencer can operate on its own length, allowing for evolving polymetric arpeggios.
Here’s an intro to Cthulhu:
Cthulhu is available now for $39.