Brett Domino, along with bandmate Steven Peavis, give the new Stylophone S2 analog synthesizer a workout on the Justin Bieber track, Beauty and a Beat.
The Stylophone S2 is described as a ‘fully spec’d’ analogue synthesizer. It’s making its big debut at the 2013 NAMM Show – but we’ve got details below.
Stylophone S2 Features:
- The Stylophone S2 features the traditional Stylophone metal keyboard, but 3 octaves long and playable with an included wire-free stylus or by finger touch.
- Portable (308mm X 120mm X 26mm and less than 1kg/2lbs in weight).
- +/- 2 octave shifter
- All analogue signal path
- British style 12dB/octave state-variable filter
- Dual all-transistor voltage controlled oscillators
- Sub-oscillators for ‘super-fat’ bass
- Eight waveform LFO with a 14 octave range
- An auxiliary-input to use the filter and envelope-generator for other instruments
- 1/4” output jack socket
- Internal speaker and headphone socket
- CV and Trigger input sockets.
The Stylophone S2 is priced at £299 UKP or $479 USD.
Domino’s Beauty and a Beat cover is available on iTunes.