Intellijel has introduced the Korgasmatron II, an updated version of its Eurorack filter module.
The Korgasmatron II features a completely independent six mode filter on each side. The modes are selected via a 6 position rotary switch. Also new is a special overdrive feature, so that the output signal can be soft or hard clipped, depending on how hard you drive it into the circuit. The xfade circuit has also been redesigned to use the same circuit as found in the uFade module with independent cv attenuation.
Also being released is the Korgasmatron II Expander module, which allows for CV control of the Q for each filter.
A special feature of the Korgasmatron II design is that you can have extra inputs to each filter that has its own selectable filter type, independent of the main filter type. So for example, you can have filter A on the main module set to LPF and then run a second signal into the same filter but in BPF mode. Both signals come out of the same output.
Like the original Korgasmatron, this filter can go from clean and precise to howling and agressive, from classic MS20 type sounds to totally new territory.
- 20HP and skiff friendly
- Dual Filter + Xfade
- Six filter types per filter:
- LowPass 1-pole
- LowPass 2-pole
- BandPass 1-pole
- HighPass 2-pole
- HighPass 1-pole
- Band Reject (notch) 1-pole (different than notch on original)
- Both filters track 1V/Oct over 3-4 Octaves (makes a great VCO)
- Switch to configure serial or parallel routing
- Output soft and hard clipping
- Resonance soft clipping control (Q Drive)
- All knobs bolted to panel
Availability 1-2 weeks (Feb 2013)
Korgasmatron II Expander:
- 6 HP skiff friendly (totally passive)
- VC of Q for filter A and filter B
- Auxiliary input for filter A and B with independent filter type selection
- Attaches to Korgasmatron II via single ribbon cable
Availability 1-2 weeks