Roland Intros BK-3 Backing Keyboard (Winter NAMM 2013)

roland-bk-3-backing-keyboard

Roland is introducing the BK-3 backing keyboard at this year’s 2013 NAMM Show.

According to Roland, the BK-3 Backing Keyboard ‘brings a new level of performance to entry-level auto-accompaniment instruments’.

Here are the details.

roland-bk-3

Features:

• Portable, self-contained keyboard with built-in sound system
  • High-quality sounds, rhythms, and Music Assistants
  • Comfortable, intuitive user interface
  • Compatible with music rhythms from Roland’s BK, E, G, and VA series
  • Play a variety of backing formats (SMF, MP3, WAV, and rhythms) and record performances with optional USB memory
  • Roland Wireless Connect capability for cable-free communication with iPhone and iPad; free iOS apps available for music sharing, lyrics display, and more
  • Available in black or white finish

Roland BK-3 intro video:

Pricing and availability are TBA.

33 thoughts on “Roland Intros BK-3 Backing Keyboard (Winter NAMM 2013)

1. That was my thought as well. Year after year, boring run of the mill garbage. YAWN Roland. Weren’t you the guys who gave us the 303, 808, 909 and SH-101?

2. “According to Roland, the BK-3 Backing Keyboard ‘brings a new level of performance to entry-level auto-accompaniment instruments’.”

I don’t think you could possibly get me less excited about a product in a single sentence

3. This video looks like a very distant relative of the nintendo commercials, happy. Marketing will be selling halluva nothing of this

4. Roller coasters in the shape of a treble clef? I’m sold. Now I can finally get back to making backing tracks for polka night on public access television.

5. With Roland moving into the cheesy home keyboard market, no wonder Casio is trying to make synths again.

6. I love the video, it’s roland basically saying ‘look we know its shit and tacky but we had a really bad year financially and have no development or marketing budget- in fact Peter from accounts made this video on his iPhone’

7. Hmmm, I think roland are turning into casio, I find it particularly heartbreaking as they’re synths were head and shoulders above anything that korg or yamaha made (well, except the CS80)

8. Hmmm, I think roland are turning into casio, I find it particularly heartbreaking as they’re synths were head and shoulders above anything that korg or yamaha made (well, except the CS80)

9. I REALLY hope Roland is reading these comment and realizes how boring they’ve become.

NO ONE CARES

10. It’s not what I want to see from Roland, but in fairness I started out on a cheap Yamaha, and then onto a sort of midrange Roland, so I’m not against this stuff. I think people forget that everyone has to start somewhere

11. Roland!!!! What’s happening to you??? You used to have the best synths and drum machines…Please let the 90′s go and go back to the 80′s!!

12. I would love to see a clear close-up of the back of the BK-3.
    Does it have place for an on and off footswitch?
    Does it have Midi in and out?
    Does it have stereo quarter inch outs to an amp or PA system?
    The camera never once showed or explained what inputs or outputs the BK-3 has.

13. It’s times like this that I wish Roland didn’t disable comments on their YouTube feed. This is begging for a level of snark I can only aspire to.

14. Also, I couldn’t get through the video. They kept cutting back to the very lame looking dance party and… it gave me the willies. This looks like a sketch from “That Mitchell and Webb Look”.

15. I personally can’t wait to get my hands on a roland BK-3. I’m a performing gear junky, not a critic with too much time on my hands. 8-)