At the 2013 NAMM Show, iConnectivity is introducing a ‘next generation’ MIDI interface for MAC, PC, and iOS, the iConnectMIDI4+.
MIDI interfaces aren’t the most exciting part of an electronic music studio – but iConnectivity has actually managed to make MIDI interfaces cool.
Check out some of the features on the iConnectMIDI4+:
- It bridges platforms – iConnectMIDI4+ is a multi-host MIDI interface for Mac, PC, and iOS that bridges MIDI and audio between multiple computing devices, instruments, and the network:
- ConnectMIDI4+’s multi-hosting capability allows for up to 3 computing devices to share the same interface as well as access and share MIDI resources over its 4 pairs of MIDI DINs and its 60 additional user configurable ports.
- Audio pass-through enables multiple computing devices (Mac, PC, and iOS) to not only pass MIDI data but also act as an audio interface between them.
- USB MIDI Support lets you connect up to 8 USB MIDI synths, drum machines, controllers, etc. And it charges your iOS device.
- iConnectMIDI4+ also has an Ethernet port, so you can connect iConnectMIDI4+ to a wireless router, Ethernet hub/router, or any Ethernet enabled device. It is network discoverable, allowing for musicians to control any of the devices connected to iConnectMIDI4+ over a network connection via MIDI.
- 4 In & 4 Out pairs of MIDI DIN Connectivity
- Connect 8 additional MIDI devices via USB Host Port + Powered USB Hub
- Over 64 user configurable ports of 16 Channels of MIDI per port
- Audio Pass-Through Between Up to 3 Computing Devices
- Multi-Host Capability – Connect 3 Computing Devices Directly & More via Network
- Network Connectivity
- Integrated MIDI Manager With Snapshot Preset Storage – For MIDI Thru, MIDI Merge, Filtering, and Advanced Routing Control
- Supports MAC, PC, and iOS Computing Devices
- USB MIDI Class Compliant
- Plug and Play – No Drivers Needed
- Charge iOS Devices
ConnectMIDI4+ is expected to be available by early Q2 2013, with a MSRP of $249.99 and street price of $199.99. See the iConnectivity site for details.