At the 2013 NAMM Show, Akai Pro introduced the MAX25 – a new MIDI controller that offers CV/Gate output, semi-weighted keys with aftertouch, a built-in step sequencer, expanded arpeggiator, and LED touch faders for gradual or instant parameter value changes.
The new MAX25 is a smaller version of last year’s MAX49. Where MAX49 has 49 keys, 8 faders, and 12 pads, MAX25 has 25, 4, and 8, respectively.
MAX25 will come with AkaiConnect automatic-mapping software and Mackie Control and HUI modes for instant compatibility with many DAWs.
- 25 semi-weighted keys with aftertouch, 4 LED touch faders
- Included AkaiConnect software automatically maps to VSTs
- 8 MPC pads, MPC Note Repeat, and MPC Swing
- 4 pad banks, 4 fader banks: 64 assignable pads, faders, and buttons
- Step sequencer and expanded arpeggiator
- CV & Gate outputs (1V/Oct)
- Mackie Control and HUI modes
Pricing is expected to be around $350.