Korg Intros New Kaossilator Pro+ Synthesizer & Loop Recorder

korg-kaossilator-pro-plus

At the 2013 NAMM Show, Korg introduced the latest member of their Kaoss family: the Kaossilator Pro+ Dynamic Phrase Synthesizer/Loop Recorder.

The Kaossilator Pro+ offers 250 programs, based on intuitive control of multiple parameters by moving a finger across the X-Y touchpad.

Features:

• Freely playable synthesizer; simply touch the touchpad to play notes and manipulate sounds in real time
  • A total of 250 sound programs (including drum program) cover a wide range of styles, including 62 new programs
  • Loop Recording function allows intuitive performance and recording, and 4 infinitely stackable loop banks are available
  • Numerous functions for unlimited performance possibilities
  • Scale/Key settings make it easy for anyone to perform with no wrong notes
  • Note Range function lets you specify the horizontal pitch range of the touchpad
  • Gate Arpeggiator function allows you to easily control phrases with the slider
  • Pad LEDs ensure excellent visibility even in the dark
  • USB MIDI allows use as a powerful MIDI controller
  • Store recorded loop data and even externally –made .WAV files on an SD/SDHC card
  • Dedicated editor software for centralized management of sample data and settings

Here’s another look at the Kaossilator Pro+ in action:

See the Korg YouTube channel for a series of in-depth demo videos.

The Korg Kaossilator Pro+ will be available April 2013 for a U.S. Street price of $399.99. Additional info is available at korg.com.

25 thoughts on “Korg Intros New Kaossilator Pro+ Synthesizer & Loop Recorder

1. For the following 100 years, KORG can introduce whatever it wants, everyone’s eyes will be only for MS-20 mini… and how you can blame this… :)

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 12 Thumb down 32
  2. So just some new sounds and FX? To bad they just didn’t make a whole new Kaoss pad. Maby next year.

3. That’s BS, identical hardware?!? Where is the sound bank update for the kpro? Congrats Korg I guess you got the last of my money when I bought the kpro. I was looking forward to the ms-20 mini too…

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 5 Thumb down 27
    • You’re going to boycott buying a piece if gear like an MS 20 mini, out of protest over a kaossilator?!

I’m sure KORG will be devastated. Ha ha ha.

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 13 Thumb down 23
  4. Where is the sound bank update for the kpro? Congrats Korg I guess you got the last of my money when I bought the kpro. I was looking forward to the ms-20 mini too…

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 2 Thumb down 20
  5. Why these new effects can be provided via firmware updte to Kaosspad 3 and Kaossilator Pro owners?

I’d be willing to pay!

And it seems the hardware is 100% the same.

6. Don’t know about the presentation. Missing Denkitribe. Bougth a few Korg products because of his videos, but was never able to perform like him.

7. I have the KO Pro and the KP3….I am pissed that this “update” isn’t a OS update. The hardware is probably identical. One of my big complaints about the Kaossilator Pro is that it’s loop recorder/sampler is simply not as robust as the KP3…the KP3 I can record external phrases from a synth like the Mopho and it loops perfectly in sync with the global MIDI clock…the KO P on the other hand simply does not….if you record a external input with KO P it does not playback in sync the same way as the KP3…?? I don’t understand that…Creating a loop with the internal sounds on the KO P it works pretty well as long as you don’t try and start and stop the sample….maybe i am missing a setting somewhere….like a start on 0 or start on the beat…but it seems that the KO P does not keep an internal beat count like the KP 3 does. Regardless i find the KP3 an invaluable additon to a monophonic synth that lacks effects and a arp latch function…(or one that simply is kludgy to work with) the KP3 can capture a bass line or chordal part and play it back flawlessly…. so as a result. my KO P sits unused…and I am thinking of replacing with a second KP3.

• Something might actually be off with yours, I’ve been playing live with mine for a year and never had any loops go out of sync…. At least none that the machine caused.

8. after 1 week i was sick of my Kaoss pad… i dont even use the app anymore

NOW if they added CV / gate and you could sync to midi and sequence analog
    ….that would be something – !!!!!
    this is sort of a let down and should have been a software update

9. Its sad the $5-20 iKaossilator still has many features that this $300+ version lacks. Until they add the ability to change the programs with new sounds and the effect of the Y parameter im not interested.

10. Shame on Korg for even daring to release this as a hardware only update…I invested in the KOpro when it first came out and I have been waiting ever since in the hope they would fix the Midiclock Stability issues and add the ability to use the Ext midi control mode WHILST recording the inputs…nothing. Then there is the whold “downgrade” from the cool beat sequenced patterns of the Mini Kaossilator to the less useful Arp Slider ( in itself a route chosen because they couldnt be arsed to re-tool the kp3 case mold).

now they release a “new” updated version that doesnt even move the product line forward….and people wonder why I am having so much fun in IOS !!! small developers LISTEN !

11. my comments are looking at this Line of instruments for the first time so forgive my unfamiliarity with the history:

but from the sounds of it those who are more familiar with this line of products are being ripped off forced to buy new hardware. perhaps korg still see a bigger evolution coming? by if they do, why not let this be a soft update and have the next hardware edition be far more evolved? hard to say since I haven’t seen a side by side comparison of the two.

from my naive eye of looks to me like an instrument which is still evolving and will hit its stride with more development. I’m obsessed wih user interface and I think his one is pretty good but has to much more potential to come with the advance of large affordable touch screens etc.

12. my comments are looking at this line of instruments for the first time so forgive my unfamiliarity with the history:

certainly a good case for why keyboards aren’t necessary to the future of electronic music. I can see this being an amazing iPad app if it isn’t one already. and I love the looping ability. imagine if this were a full windows 8 app on a horizontal monitor? though I do love purpose built hardware buttons and knobs!

but from the sounds of it those who are more familiar with this line of products are being ripped off forced to buy new hardware. perhaps korg still see a bigger evolution coming? but if they do, why not let this be a soft update and have the next hardware edition be far more evolved? hard to say since I haven’t seen a side by side comparison of the two.

from my naive eye it looks to me like an instrument which is still evolving and will hit its stride with more development. I’m obsessed with user interface and I think this one is pretty good but has so much more potential to come with the advance of large affordable touch screens etc.

13. old kaoss pro cost now 280 Euros ,380 for new one – 100 Buck for 60 new Preset (why not 250 extra presets at least? It s a joke ,just plug vst in the old kaoss and had as many thousand presets as you wish …The only good news is that anyone can now buy the kaoss for 100 Euros less( as long as they still available) .was the same shit with Native instrument maschine and their color Pads…Korg lack of imagination

14. The New patches are interesting. The Kaossilator pro sounds get pretty old after about a year of gigging. So, Can I download an update for my KO pro or are the sales of this product dropping after 4 years of the same technology?