2013 NAMM Show: Arturia has introduced SparkLE – a new ‘hybrid instrument’ that combines software and a MIDI drum machine controller.
- Full featured Spark Software
- 3 synthesis engines: Virtual analog, Physical Modeling, Sample playback
- Works Standalone & as a plug-in (VST, VST3, AU, RTAS)
- Backlit velocity and pressure sensitive Pads
- Touch sensitive FX pad
- Mode selector – Bank, Pattern, Seq, Tune
- Bus powered, class compliant USB input
- User assignable encoders
- Advanced Looper Divide/Move function
- Classic ‘TR style’ programming
- Real-time programming from the pads
- Protective travel sleeve
- Small, Portable, Solid construction
- MIDI mode for use as a controller with any software
Here’s a video introduction:
The SparkLE hardware controller is designed to give you a classic ‘TR’ style workflow, inputting your patterns from the step sequencer buttons or letting you lay down beats in real time, using the 8 velocity and pressure sensitive backlit pads.
The Spark Engine features sample playback and layering, paired with a Virtual Analog engine.
Arturia SparkLE is priced at US $299 / EURO 249. See the Arturia site for details.