At the 2013 NAMM Show, Behringer has introduced the iX16 Digital Mixer for iPad.
It features 16 digitally-programmable mic pres that can be controlled remotely using an iPad, scene recall, MIDI control of external hardware & a built-in effects rack.
Here are the details:
- iPad controlled 16-input, 8-bus digital mixer for studio and live application
- 16 programmable mic preamps
- 6 TRS aux sends and 2 XLR main outputs plus phones connector
- 18 x 18 channel USB 2.0 audio interface
- iPad and PC apps available for remote operation via Ethernet, LAN or Wifi
- 8 buses each featuring inserts, 6-band parametric EQ’s and full dynamics processing
- Virtual FX rack featuring 4 true-stereo FX slots including high-end simulations such as Lexicon 480L and PCM70, EMT250 and Quantec QRS etc.
- 40-Bit floating-point DSP features “unlimited” dynamic range with no internal overload and near-zero overall latency (0.8 msec)
- Scene management allows full storage and total recall of your setups
- USB type-A connector providing file storage and uncompressed stereo recordings plus show presets and system updates
- Integrated ULTRANET connectivity for BEHRINGER’s P-16 Personal Monitoring System
- MIDI In/Out for remote scene recall or controlling other MIDI equipment
Pricing and availability are TBA. See the Behringer site for details.