2013 NAMM Show: Livid Instruments has introduced Base – a new MIDI controller that’s designed to combine the technology of drum machines and touch screens.
Base offers 32 pressure-sensitive pads, nine touch sliders, eight touch-sensitive buttons, and eight momentary buttons. Base offers visual feedback va RGB lights and a simple character display.
You can customize all the settings and internal presets using the Base Editor web application.
- 32 velocity / pressure sensitive pads with aftertouch.
- 9 touch faders with multiple LED modes.
- 8 touch buttons.
- 8 function buttons.
- All controls have RGB lights.
- Completely editable with on board presets.
- Works with anything that supports MIDI learn.
- USB powered and class compliant (no drivers needed).
- Constructed from high quality aluminum and rubber.
Base is available to pre-order for US $399 and is expected to ship in March.