At the 2013 NAMM Show, Akai Professional introduced the MPX8 SD sample launcher with MPC pads.
Using a standard SD card, users can load virtually samples onto MPX8 and then assign them to any of the unit?s eight backlit velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads. MPX8 also comes with a large library of standard samples built in
The MPX8 comes with a drag-and-drop sample editor for Mac and PC for easy sample conversion. Users can also save sample sets together as kits for easy recall and even tune and add reverb to samples.
- Add sound samples via standard SD card (sold separately)
- 8 velocity-sensitive and pressure-sensitive pads
- Drag-and-drop sample editor for Mac and PC included
- Built-in library of popular sounds, samples, and bumps
- Tune, add reverb, save sample sets for easy recall
- USB MIDI plus standard MIDI inputs and outputs
- 1/8? headphone output and balanced 1/4? outputs
Pricing and availability are TBA.