Yamaha has introduced Mobile Music Sequencer – a new software sequencer for the iPad.
Mobile Music Sequencer is designed around a three-stage concept:
- Step 1-Create phrases – You can choose from a selection of 382 preset phrases. It is also possible to use real-time recordings made using the keyboard within an application, or user phrases which have been created using piano roll input.
- Step 2-Create sections – Combine multiple phrases together to create a section. Phrases are arranged in a vertical block and playback is turned on and off using the Section button at the bottom of the screen. The phrases can be managed as a single unit.
- Step 3-Create Songs – Put together complete songs by pasting together sections. This is accomplished by touching the Section area and then just dragging and dropping sections into the data area.
- Built-in software synth with 92 sounds (including 9 types of drumkit) enables faithful rendering of sequence patterns.
- Sound editing using filters, EG, and other effects
- Mixer function for each part
- Effects including reverb, chorus, and variations
- Additional phrases and sounds – Four additional voice and phrase datapacks can be purchased directly using the application. (Dance Pop, Electronic, Hip Hop, R&B)
- File export – As well as a function for outputting standard general-purpose MIDI files, the application also includes a function for exporting files in an even easier-to-use format designed for Yamaha synths, in which characteristic sounds are specified in advance. (MOTIF XF, S90XS/S70XS, MOX6/MOX8, and MOTIF XS)
- Mix-down – Audio mix-down of a song or a phrase and conversion of the song or the phrase to an audio file can be performed in real time.
- Compatibility with SoundCloud – Audio files can be made compatible with SoundCloud and uploaded.
Yamaha Mobile Music Sequencer is available now for $9.99 in the App Store.