He has also released OSynth – a free microtonal synth for Mac & WIndows. The Microtone can be used as a tablet controller interface for playing OSynth.
Here’s a demo of The Microtone in action:
- control one octave fluently without steps. Just glide over the keyboard with up to 10 fingers!
- switch octaves or lowest/highest notes
- use your eyes or ears to check your intonation
- integrated polyphonic synthesizer with 8 different sound presets (more to come!)
- send your pitch data over WiFi/OSC to your computer.
- send your pitch data over WiFi/OSC to max/MSP or my free synthesizer osynth
The Microtone is available in the App Store for US $9.99. If you’ve used The Microtone, let us know what you think of it!