Open source electronics developer Standuino has introduced the microGranny – a pocket-sized DIY granular sampler.
The microGranny uses microSD card to store samples. You can adjust many parameters of the samples and trigger them by MIDI.
- basic parameters of sound: pitch, crush, volume, start, cut, repeat
- micro sampling parameters of sound: shift speed, loop length, shift direction (forward,backward,random1,random2)
- lfo parameters of sound: rate, amount, destination (pitch, crush)
- instant loop feature
- micro SD card slot (plays monophonic wav samples)
- 8 presets (15 sounds each)
- MIDI input (MIDI through by special connector)
- intuitive interface
- 3 digit 7-segment display to keep track of editing
- 2 pots to tweak the parameters
- mode switching buttons
- 4 perfect response trigger buttons
- hold button
- 3.5mm jack output
- volume trim-pot
- size: 11 x 7 x 4 cm
- input voltage 9-12 V
- microGranny kit -not assembled 90€
- with assembly 140€
See the Standuino site for details.