Music Development has released RapidComposer 2.0 for Windows and Mac OS X. The new version features a redesigned user interface, better workflow, and includes handling relative chords and chord progressions.
RapidComposer is rapid music prototyping software, designed for composers, song-writers and musicians.
- Advanced tools for phrase editing, phrase generation, phrase morphing, phrase grouping, motif development, chord progression editing,
- Timeline with chords (absolute or chord functions) which all phrases automatically conform to
- Piano roll with scale notes, visually editable chord notes, and smart arranging of overlapped notes in two styles.
- In-place non-destructive phrase-level and note-level editing
- Sophisticated MIDI CC editing and recording
- Articulations can be assigned to phrases or even individual notes
- Extensive scale, chord, guitar chord, chord progression databases,
- Taggable instrument database of all MIDI, VSTi and SF2 presets in one place
- IdeaTool that can generate a multitrack composition based on the provided parameters and rules
- Unlimited undo and the ability to make several versions of the same composition
- Fully customizable user interface with preset themes
- MIDI Drag And Drop tracks or composition to DAWs
- Virtual instruments (VSTi v2.4 plugins) support
- SoundFont (.SF2) support
- Standalone and VST version with 128-channel MIDI output (at the moment the VST plug-in version is available for Windows only)
RapidComposer is available for $224 through March 31, 2013. RapidComposer is normally priced at US $249.