The Launchpad iPad app is designed to work alongside the Novation Launchkey iPad app, a software synthesizer. The Launchpad app, along with the Launchkey app, can also be used with a Launchkey hardware controller to turn it into a synth and loop triggering workstation. The launch pads on the hardware trigger loops in the app and you can get hands-on control of levels with Launchkey’s physical faders.
Here’s a demo of Launchpad for iPad in action:
- 8×6 Launchpad grid for triggering up to 8 loops and sounds at a time
- 8 volume sliders and 8 filter sliders
- FX section for adding repeat and synced filter effects
- Premium content library from Loopmasters
- Load new complete sessions and sounds
- Global Tempo change
- Edit mode for loading samples
- Autosave – never lose your sessions
Novation does not make any mention of compatibility with other apps or CoreMIDI.
Note: Novation Launchpad is for iPad 2 and above (including iPad Mini) and requires iOS5 or later.
Novation Launchpad is a free download from the App Store.
If you’ve used Launchpad, let us know what you think of it!