Musikmesse 2013: Avid has announced Avid Pro Tools 11, a major upgrade of the popular digital audio workstation.
Pro Tools 11 features new, high-powered audio and video engines, 64-bit architecture, expanded metering, and direct HD video workflows.
“Pro Tools 11 represents a quantum leap in creative power,” according to Avid’s Chris Gahagan. “The newly designed architecture turbo-charges production with more plug-in processing, the ability to run more virtual instruments—and a host of new features – letting users create ambitiously, without holding anything back.”
Here’s a preview of Pro Tools 11:
- Fully redesigned audio engine and 64-bit architecture
- New Avid Audio Engine – Delivers multiple times the processing power of Pro Tools 10 on the same hardware configurations.
- 64-bit architecture – Exponentially increases the number of simultaneous virtual instruments and the performance to handle the most sophisticated sessions.
- Offline bounce – Delivers mixes up to 150 times faster than real time.
- Low-latency input buffer – Ensures ultra-low latency record monitoring without sacrificing plug-in performance.
- Dynamic host processing – Maximizes plug-in count by reallocating processing resources as needed.
- Expanded metering
- Extended standards support – Features a broad range of built-in metering standards, from peak and average to VU and PPM, to maintain adherence to regional broadcast requirements.
- Gain reduction – Shows gain reduction for all dynamics plug-ins on each channel.
- Direct HD video workflows
- Built-in Avid Video Engine – Enables audio post professionals to play and edit a wide range of HD video formats includingAvid DNxHD, directly in the Pro Tools timeline without transcoding, using the same core engine as in Media Composer.
- Video interface support – Enables monitoring of DNxHD and QuickTime media through Avid Nitris DX, Avid Mojo DX, and other video interfaces.
Availability & Pricing
Pro Tools 11 and Pro Tools HD 11 is expected to be available later in Q2 2013.
- Pro Tools 11 software (full version) – $699 USD
- Pro Tools 10 to 11 upgrade – $299 USD
- Pro Tools 9 to 11 upgrade – $399 USD
- Pro Tools Express to Pro Tools 11 cross grade – $499 USD
- Pro Tools HD 10 to 11 upgrade – $599 USD
- Pro Tools HD 9 to 11 upgrade – $999 USD