Musikmesse 2013: Steinberg has introduced WaveLab 8, the latest version of its mastering solution, with 150+ new features
- Speaker management system, featuring management of up to eight loudspeaker setups with zero latency
- Advanced EBU-compliant loudness metering and processing, including measurement in EBU R128 loudness scale and dedicated loudness graph
- Mastering-grade tools and plug-ins, featuring iZotope MBIT+TM high-end master dither, Voxengo CurveEQ, Steinberg Brickwall Limiter and TubeCompressor
- Improved user interface: Master Transport Panel and single-window plug-in management for quick and easy project navigation and plug-in handing
- 150+ professional editing and workflow features, including auto-replay function, SuperClip concept, meta-data support and user interface enhancements
In addition, Steinberg announced WaveLab Elements 8, a streamlined WaveLab version that is geared towards hobby producers, musicians and radio freelancers.
Here are four intro videos for WaveLab 8:
WaveLab 8 and WaveLab Elements 8 will be available in May 2013. See the Steinberg site for details.