Beatsurfing – an alternative MIDI control app for iOS – has been updated with MIDI-based quantization, Retina display support and more.
Here’s what’s new in version 1.1:
- Quantize Module
- Built-in Quantize Module with MIDI-IN synchronization:
- Trigger your objects in a defined quantize division.
- You can set a quantize division per individual object for complex compositions.
- Current BPM is displayed.
- Circle Object Enhancements
- Notes definition for the Circle Object can be set to consecutive (as it used to be in version 1.0) but can also be toggled OFF. In which case you can freely define a note or even a chord for each step of the Circle sequence.
- Toggle ON or OFF the auto increment for the Circle Object. This let you manually control the increment by using Behaviors for more advanced control and flexibility.
- Better Organization
- Backup and Organize your scenes more effectively with iTunes File sharing integration.
- Improved experience for sharing your scenes. Open scenes seamlessly from Dropbox, Mail, other apps or a web page.
- DEMO/Tutorial scenes get pushed automatically as they become available. We plan to push new demo scenes on a regular basis. You can see badges such as “NEW” and “UPDATED” on the scene thumbnails so you can easily see which scenes got updated or added over time.
- Draw bigger objects in your scenes to unlock more possibilities.
- 4 new colors to better organize your objects in your scenes.
- Infinite number of Behaviors per object.
- Properties Panel automatically moves to always make sure that the selected object is visible.
- Freely move the properties panel to your need.
- Define the velocity for each note in all Note based Objects (for Circle, Line and Polygon)
- Note Velocity Behavior for the Circle, Line and Polygon objects lets you change the velocity of a specified step dynamically.
- Color Behavior let you switch the color of any objects dynamically.
- Fader and Circle GOTO ‘X’ Behavior enhancement let you add, substract or set a value to the current control change value to create more expressive compositions.
- General Enhancements
- Crisp Look & Feel with Retina support.
- Better performances which increased responsiveness of the app.
- Subtle enhancements in various places to improve the overall experience.
- Lots of bug fixes.
- Fully backward compatible with scenes created with the previous versions.
Note: This version requires iOS 6.x (Unfortunately the iPad 1 is not supported anymore)
Beatsurfing is available in the App Store for US $11.99.