Developer Alex Smith has released Studio1111 – a virtual studio that offers software takes on the classic Roland TB303 and TR808 sounds.
303 + 808 = 1111
Here’s what Smith has to say about Studio1111:
Studio1111 is an all-in-one workstation and composing environment offering a wide selection of tools and modes to effortlessly build awesome acid bass lines and drum patterns. This one goes up to 1111!
- 303 BASS SYNTH:
- De-tuneable to 3 voices
- Waveform mix between Square/Saw
- Resonant Acid Low Pass filter with envelope and decay
- Sequence up to 16 patterns per song
- DRUM MACHINE - up to 15 kits available including:
- 8 BIT
- You Have full control over the mix of the drum kit
- XY FX PAD - The effects pad enables you to ad FX to both drum and synth channels. Effects include:
- Vowel formant filter
- Low Pass filter
- Hi Pass filter
- Bitcrushing distortion
- LOAD/SAVE - You also have the ability to load and save up to 8 songs n the fly
- AUDIO EXPORT - Record your performances to WAV, downloadable via the iTunes sharing page
- MIDI IN/OUT] - Trigger your drum kit and synth with an external keyboard or sequencer!
- You can also you Studio1111 pattern sequencer to trigger external MIDI modules – both drums and synth sequencer have MIDI out.
Studio1111 is a free download from the App Store, with $1.99 in-app purchase for the ‘Pro’ upgrade. Unfortunately, Smith does not outline what features are added in the ‘Pro’ upgrade.
If you’ve tried Studio1111, let us know what you think of it!